Friday, March 2, 2012

The Beginning

    I guess I'll make a first post to explain how I got into Astronomy. I have always looked up in wonder. I never took an Astronomy Class nor did I have any kind of training. Most of my observations were just that, looking up. I began to study the physics and science and immediately was hooked. I purchased a small "department store" Refractor Telescope. Training this on the moon I was enthralled by the views little did I know those views were actually horrible ( more on that later ). In early fall of 2011 I finally purchased a pretty nice Telescope. I was able to pick up a second hand 5" Reflector. The first time training it on the moon the feeling of awe came back this time much better. I could see the craters very, very clear. This was it I knew I had missed my calling. The only thing I could do with all this knowledge and passion for this area of interest was share it with anyone I could. Three people in particular, my Wife and Children.
    In February 2012 I decided to take it up a notch. I purchased an Astrophotography setup. I purchased an 8" Meade with GPS and a computer controlled mount. Let me say it is a long cry from the 5" Telescope let alone the first one I got. I also purchased a Canon T3 EOS Rebel DSLR camera to attach to the new telescope to begin taking photographs of outer space. The posts from this point forward will be of photos I have taken as well as how I took them. All of my techniques will be outlined in photographing as well as my learning curve through the processing phase. Anyone who has questions I would be more than happy to answer anything you throw at me. Also anyone with requests with photos they would like to see of something in the cosmos, I will do my best to take some of those as well. Thanks for reading I hope I can give you some knowledge and a love for Astronomy.
   

No comments: