Monday, July 9, 2012



   So I know I posted a photograph of Saturn already, but I was able to learn more about processing techniques and pick up more and better software. This Photo was taken on June 27, 2012 with my 8" Meade LX90 using a Logitech C250 webcam with a 2x Barlow. I explained how I did this before, but I'll touch on it again. I take videos with the webcam using a piece of freeware called SharpCap. Then with more freeware, either Registax 6 or AutoStakkert 2 I place the video files in those programs. Those Programs then set alignment points, afterward taking the video and breaking it down into individual frames. It then Stacks each frame on top of another to make a single photograph. The more frames you have the better the photo will look. After it stacks the frames I use some sharpening in Registax or move the photo over to Photoshop where I can fine tune it. It took me a while to figure all this out to get a better photo, but it was worth the wait and time. My good friend helped me out with the processing techniques and boy did it help. Keep looking I will be able to do Jupiter soon I can't wait now that I've figured it out. Hope you enjoy, oh there is an earlier post about Saturn in my Blog you can read.

No comments: