Tuesday, July 17, 2012



   This is Messier 20 (M20) or the Trifid Nebula. I took this a while ago after realizing a few things. This was taken with my Meade 8" LX90 and my Canon EOS T3. This is a total of 30 images taken at ISO 3200 each sub at 30 seconds each. What I realized was the more "good" images I had, the better the final stack would be. Knowing this now will allow me to pull even more detail out of this Nebula. But you can clearly see the dust lanes in there very well.
   The Trifid Nebula is located in the constellation of Sagitarius. This Nebula consist of four groups within, an Open Star Cluster, an Emission Nebula, a Reflection Nebula and "dark nebula". The Dark being the dust lanes. It's distance is about 5,200 light years from Earth. There is actually a Blue region at the upper part of this Nebula, but i was not able to pull it out with this image, next time I hope.

No comments: